Special Community Projects
The NDBDC provides $10,000 to $15,000 annually in small grants, dependant on yearly budget allocation, to community groups involved in an activity of benefit to the broader community. NDBDC grants usually do not exceed $5,000, with the average range between $1,500 and $2,000. Community groups or organizations have to provide at least the matching amount of the NDBDC grant which should be made up of donated material, labour, or fundraising activities.
The primary role of the NDBDC is that of catalyst and facilitator, although significant NDBDC staff time can be provided in the development of a strategy or funding proposal.
Some of the past special projects the NDBDC has supported include:
- Norfolk Dragonboat Challenge
- Lean Technology
- Norfolk County Profile Signage
- Norfolk County Fair Pedestrian Traffic/Giant Tiger Train
- Norfolk Association for Community Living (NACL) Waterford Ponds Concession Booth
- South Coast Van Logo Sponsorship (NC Fair, Panorama, PumpkinFest)
- Rural Transportation Initiative (Spinning Your Wheels)
- Growing and Evaluating Your Agricultural Opportunities Workshops
- Le Tour de Norfolk
- Norfolk County Agricultural Marketing Campaign
A formal project proposal is submitted to NDBDC Board of Directors for approval. Community projects must demonstrate the ability to create or maintain jobs and/or provide long-term benefits to the community.
Information on submitting an application can be found at:
NDBDC Special Project Criteria, Process & Qualifications
NDBDC Special Projects Application
Please review the above information. Prior to filling out an application, please contact:
Community Economic Development (CED) Officer